Bought USB-Flash or SD-card on Chinese site? Check whether it meets stated specifications
Download program for testing USB-Flash / SD-cards health and speed.
Howto use AxoFlashTest? User manual is below.
Get results in minutes, you don't have to wait hours anymore!
Your flash memory card or USB flash media is fake? Restore original media size - only one click!
In recent years, the trend of cheating customers by unscrupulous Chinese sellers is gaining momentum with enormous speed.
Here is an example:
You buy 32 Gb Class 10 SD memory card (seller specification) at a very low price, which you can't even find anywhere else in Internet. Actually this price is good reason to think about nature of such cheap CD-card, but the seller is very polite to you, and the parcel has reached you unprecedented fast.
The card flaunts proud print "32 Gb Class 10".
You insert your card into your card reader and see that the card really has a capacity of 32Gb.
"Awesome!", you think...
It takes time and you notice that your card is actually not so fast as you expected...
It takes more time and the music which is written onto your card is "gurgling" and the video is "falling to pieces" or even neither music nor video is playable.
"I have my working documents and photos from birthday party", you think.
...But there is nothing you can return...
And here's the thing:
Such fake products is preparing on the manufacture. Manufacture take a slow (not necessary) SD-card of smaller capacity, 8 Gb for example. The controller of this card is flashed in such way so your reader sees 32 Gb. Then the appearance is given in the appropriate state.
As a result you don't buy your SD-card at a cheap promotional price, you actually buy cheap SD-card at very high price. Moreover you have a big problems with you data written on such card, because the fact that your computer and your phone see 32 Gb on this card doesn't mean anything. Any data that you write into this card above 8Gb limit will disappear into thin air.
Such a sad example.
But there are thousands, dozens of thousands of such cases. Even more...
Flash media sellers' stated capacity before using AxoFlashTest
Flash media capacity after restoring with AxoFlashTest
How to protect yourself from the consequences of this kind of fraud:
- Don't buy flash media at suspiciously low price;
- Read feedbacks about products you are about to buy if possible;
- Check quality of USB-flash drives and SD-cards immediately after purchase.
How to check your USB-flash drive or SD-card whether it meets stated specifications?
Use one of the following methods:
- Fill whole capacity of your flash media device with data, remove it from your reader correctly using remove function of your operating system (it's important), then plug it in again, and then copy whole data from your media to somewhere to the computer Hard-disk so that you'll be able to compare this data with the original. Compare data within files. If all data is OK, then you're lucky one. You can measure reading and writing speed during the copy process. This method doesn't require any software, but it takes a lot of time (hours) for testing and you won't be able to recover your flash memory media in case that it's fake.
- Use well known and trusted "h2testw" program. This method will provide you with the information about speed and health of your media and also the information which is needed for restoration process if media is fake, but testing process takes hours also depending of capacity of your USB-flash drive or SD-card. To recover your fake media you'll need to use "MyDiskFix" program of Chinese author with the user interface in Chinese language respectively using recover data provided by "h2testw".
Download and use the latest version of AxoFlashTest program.You'll need Administrator rights to run it, but thanks to this the process of testing is so fast that you'll be provided with the real information about your media health and speed in about 5 minutes. You can measure speed of your media and you can recover it in one click if it's fake.
How to recover your USB-Flash memory drive or SD-card from dishonest manufacturer?
Read AxoFlashTest user manual. The last 2 paragraphs are focused on restoring normal functionality of fake flash media.
How to use AxoFlashTest program? Everything is simple!
AxoFlashTest supports Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- Ensure that you are able to run programs with Administrator rights.
- Download AxoFlashTest installer archive here, extract it and install.
- Format your USB-Flash drive or SD-card.
- Run AxoFlashTest, grant Administrator rights.
- Select your media device volume drive letter buy clicking icon with the folder and magnification lens.
- Press "Test for errors" button and wait for results. If your media is fake the report will consist of capacity of media stated by manufacturer, real capacity (if media is fake, then it'll be less then manufacturers capacity), and the information which is needed for restoration process, if you want to use 3-rd party software for it. Read about restoration process below.
- Press "Test speed" button and wait for result of speed testing of your media. The report will consist of reading and writing speed and the SD-card Speed Class according to SD specification.
- Complain with the result to your seller, maybe it is not to late. You may be lucky to return your money.
- After providing you with a report AxoFlashTest offers you to recover your flash media if AxoFlashTest found it's fake. Just agree, wait, and that's all. No more using "Chinese software"!
- Use your flash media device even it is not so capacious but reliable now!
To restore your USB-Flash drive or SD-card functionality do the following steps: